The personal blog of a not-so-typical half English/ Egyptian girl in her 20's rambling about her life, friends and everything else. Don't read if you can't handle her dark sense of humor or moodiness.

Monday, December 25, 2006

I'm in Alex. Have been here for the last 3 days or so. I'm fine, but I have a bad cold that's starting to wear off. My uncles live here and we figured it'd be cool to stay here for a while and enjoy the eid. I don't have a job at the moment so I might as well enjoy my time off :)

We were supposed to go out today, but it's cold. But it's still warmer than Cairo, anyway.

Tomorrow, I'll probably go out with some friends.

Now to something else. A friend of mine came to see me today. She's a very sweet girl. Anyway, I love her looks and her unique personality. And we do have much in common.

She just told me that she met a guy online weeks ago. He seemed nice and all. But then things started getting more personal. They both started liking one another, realizing they had much in common. She gave me many examples and truly, they sounded so alike and I'd say they would have been in sync.

He told her he was falling in love with her and that he was single. He told her she was the girl of his dreams and more than anything, he wanted to see her. They started to phone one another. This went on for like two weeks. And they got really close.

But then she sensed something fishy. Now, my friend is rather psychic as I like to call her.

Anyway, she started ignoring him online and wouldn't take his calls. He started going nuts. Actually, I think he was crazy about her and still is.

Then she emailed him and swore that if she ever found out he hadn't been 100% honest with her, she would never ever talk to him again. He sort of freaked out. After much pressure, he finally told her he was actually...

MARRIED!

Oh my God! I didn't know what to say. She must be really strong to go through all of this alone as she'd not told anyone but me about this and already 4 or 5 weeks had passed. She loved him. She told me that. She told me he really broke her heart. She started describing to me the kind of pain she felt and I almost cried cos I've been there. I know what heartbreak is.

Now that's not the end of our little story here. He had the nerve to ask her if she wanted to be his girl friend! He told her he couldn't live without her. Of course, she said no and told him all she wanted him to hear in an email which he so deserved, by the way.

He called her later crying, but she didn't give in.

I admire her courage and her dignity. And of course, her choice.

And to all you girls online "Be careful!"

I can't totally refuse the idea of meeting someone online. One of my very close friends met her husband online and they are soul mates masha2Allah. But it's just a tiny possibility.

Anyway, I have another story, but I'll write again later.

10 comments:

Sou said...

Married???

Bas wallahi bravo 3aleha...Very, very good decision on her part.

Yalla, naseeb.

Bas tell me, how's Alex warmer than Cairo?! I always thought Alex would be super freezing!

Mystery said...

I would have done the same ya Sou.

Alex is warmer cos we have the lovely sea here. The further you get away from the sea, the colder it gets. Hey, you should know that ;)

How's your cold?

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Alex as much as u can :)
As for your friend, I don't know, guys get childish when it comes to dating..this is not the first time I hear about married men lying to get a date. It is annoying..but the girl is cool.
Yalla..have a nice vacation.

KareemFromEgypt said...

it's more like nerro put it, it's says more about married men than people you meet online

the further you get away from the sea the bigger difference between maximum and minimum temps, cardiff is right by the sea and it's definetly colder than cairo, sa7?

anyway your friend did well, it's common to get a few horror stories when you venture into online meetings, sometimes it's worth it, most times it isnt :)

Mystery said...

Nerro: Thanks, I will :)

Kareem: Sa7 ya Basha. And yes, sometimes it's worth it and sometimes it's not at all...

Coconut said...

it's not only married people who behave strangely to get a date, it's also to do with online relations that rarely go fine. You can never know the truth in such a relation & usually it involves lots of fancy.
i hope she's happy with her decision, i second u she's so coureageous & strong:)
unlike me with married guys

Sou said...

Reallly cold!! Like 3 degrees kinda cold!

Plus, how am I supposed to know how cold Alex is?! hehe I've never been there in the winter! ;p

Jannah said...

Lies never fail to shock me - everytime.

I know a similar situation, only it was the GIRL WHO WAS MARRIED... after 2 years, the guy found out... and he did have one hell of a heartbreak!
Glad your friend chose out before it got any deeper...

Coconut said...

mystery : where are u dear ? long time no new,,hope ur fine & wil be back to writings sooon

Fadfadation said...

As a guy (a changed one) i have to say this...

Internet was for HUNTING... no more needed to say!

And what that guy said:"He told her he was falling in love with her and that he was single. He told her she was the girl of his dreams and more than anything, he wanted to see her"

Is a classical intro for guys on the internet who %95 have a hidden agenda! and we all know what it is!

As you said:" it is atiny possibility" for relations to work through the net.