The personal blog of a not-so-typical half English/ Egyptian girl in her 20's rambling about her life, friends and everything else. Don't read if you can't handle her dark sense of humor or moodiness.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

OK, you're all wondering where I am, right? How about I leave you like that? The first one who guesses right will be a lucky winner of... oh wait, I have nothing to offer... will be a winner w khalas :)

Anyway, guess who called me one month ago?! You have to guess.

THE EX.

That's right. The one who was almost my future husband. The one I was with for almost FIVE years. We broke up a couple of years ago. We had never ever talked or anything until one month ago.

My cell phone rang. There was this strange number. I answer.

Me: Hello?

Silence.

Me: (impatient) Hellooo?!

Him: Ezayek?

I was too shocked/surprised/amazed to say anything while trying to "get" that he's actually on the other side talking to me! I didn't say a word.

Him: Are you there?

Me: (taking hold of myself and deciding to have a little kick out of it) Who is this?

Him: It's me (utters his name).

Me: Oh... What do you want? (I was too formal and really happy I was in control)

Him: I miss you.

And I think "You bastard! After all that you have done to hurt me, after being mean to me and treating me with your psycho-like attitude, shouting and screaming at me, making me believe I was some horrible creature...Oh no, not again. We're over once and for all."

Me: WHAT?!! (I laugh aloud).

Him: I have actually wanted to call you since ever, but never knew what to say.

Me: And you do now?

Him: Can we start again?

Me: OH MY GOD! Start what again???

Him: I can't forget you. I haven't stopped thinking about you.

Me: I have.

Silence.

Me: I have a new life, and probably a new job soon and I'm leaving the country soon. And you know what? I don't need this or you. Enough is enough. I can't be blind twice. It's true I cried so much over you. There was a time I thought I'd die. I needed you so much and you were not there. You ignored and humiliated me. I've matured. And above all... I'm happily with someone who makes me feel I'm his whole world and doesn't yell or shout at me.

(OK, I'm not with someone but there's someone I really like ;) but I had to say that.

Him: Oh... I... OK ...I ...

Me: Have to go. Bye.

Hang up.

More later.

10 comments:

Mak said...

That's a bit harsh. I don't know what he did to u but u should've been a tad nicer.

I don't mind rejection...just do it nicely. Unless u wanted to hurt him.

Interesting blog you've got here btw.

Fadfadation said...

Ouch...i wouldn't like to get on your bad side...yicks!

"taking hold of myself and deciding to have a little kick out of it"...lol i found that funny, why do women love to do that?

this stry reminds me of a similar one i know of. Seems it is happening all over the place.

:)

Nesrina said...

The strange thing is, they waste the chances they have been given, leaving us crying over them waiting for a word ... and then when we get over, move on and heal they do show up... out of the blues expecting us to be nice ???

Mystery said...

Mak: EXCUSE ME!! Who is harsh here? I mean did you read the whole thing well? Apparently not. Oh, I should have been nicer? Nicer to who? To him? I loved him for FIVE freaking years and even after we had broken up. I gave up so many things for him. I put up with his yelling for no reason, his demands and weird attitude hoping he'd change. He made my life miserable. He made me cry so much there was a time I went to hospital as I hadn't slept or eaten for days and mom was crying as she thought I would die.

And even a year later, I still waited for him to call, get in touch or anything. Nothing.

Nicer to who? Our break up would have been a lot more peaceful, but it wouldn't have been him. He had to yell, make scenes, email me just to say things that upset me and when I tried to call him after that just to hear his voice (all the while I had never ever done anything to hurt him and he admitted that) he yelled in my face and humiliated me so much (that was the day I went to hospital).

I wasn't rejecting him when he called me weeks ago. I didn't need to. But it was rude of him to call me again after all that. Sorry, dude.

You Egyptian guys are always like that no matter how you think you are open minded. It's all about your dignity. You didn't even read the post well.

Of course not all Egyptian guys, but most of them.

Fadfadation: Women don't love to do that. I repeat "Women don't love to do that" but "Hell hath no fury like a man rejected or a woman scorned". Go figure.

Ling: At last, someone who gets what I'm saying. I didn't want to torture him or anything. And mind you, I cried after that call because I was so emotional, but he deserved that.

Nesrina: Hey, honey :) Yes, I never understood it!!

Coconut said...

woow woow woow, i love how strong & dignified you were mystery. unlike previous comments, i dont see u as harsh, u were fairly regaining some dignity & pride u wasted over him for the years with & even after break up. You tolerated and be nice at that time as u were real loving, but since he couldn't appreciate what you offered, he shouldn't expect a better thing, else he'd have treated u also well.Why we accept guys' mistreatment & despise girls' reactions afterwords?
u did the right thg by firmly cutting it short.otherwise, he'd have manipulated more of ur emotions or worse insulted u. i've a uestion: how can a guy's vanity lead him to think he can mistreat & humiliate a girl, break up cruelly & after all that,she welcomes his coming back and even waits for it? don't they have brains? or do they think we've no dignity
i wish i were as stronger as u oneday.:) brave girl

Fadfadation said...

I don't need to figure... the story is obvious lol

Fadfadation said...

"You Egyptian guys are always like that no matter how you think you are open minded. It's all about your dignity. You didn't even read the post well."

You misunderstand...we are on your side.
He is a complete idiot if you ask me.

Sorry you had to go to the hospital

Mak said...

Like fadfadation said, we are on your side. I am not defending him I'm just saying it was a bit... cold. I'm trying to find a less confrontational word but I can't.

I did read the post and no it's not only about dignity. I don't know him and I don't know you. So I can't judge either of you. I'm not saying you ARE cold, I am saying you were being cold in this situation. If you feel you were justified then my comment is meaningless.

He probably did not change a bit but maybe, just maybe he realised that he did an awful mistake and was truly sorry. That's why I said what I said.

Sorry if I pissed you off.

Mystery said...

Raghoooda: Thanks dear :-) Your words really made a difference.

Fadfadation: Yes, actually I wish he weren't such an idiot. Thanks for your words.

Mak: Yes, I know I was cold, but he deserved it. After we had broken up, he humiliated and ignored me to being downright rude. Why should I care? It's not about taking sides. I just thought my friends here would love to know about this incident.

And yes, Mak, I had every right to act like that. And no he was abusive, manipulative and selfish. Such people never change or else he would have when he had like a thousand chances before.

You didn't piss me off :-) It takes a lot to so don't worry. It's enough you even came back to post another comment. Hope to read you here again.

Wael Eskandar said...

Interesting post there, and five years of misery over that guy? I'm surprised you sustained the conversation that long in the first place..

I don't think you were harsh, you were actually quite nice to him considering.. But well done.. Who needs him..